Equine & Pasture Section
1. Support UPM's goals in teaching, research and practical training of UPM students.
2. Provide opportunities for all campus residents including students, staff and their family members to enjoy equestrian leisure facilities such as riding at a lower rate from outside.
3. Enable the university to carry out continuous teaching activities related to horses that can be offered to campus residents and the general public.
4. Make horse riding as a method to establish 'networking' between UPM and other government agencies.
5. Enable the public to use university leisure facilities and interact with campus residents.
6. Welcoming the government's intention to make equestrian sports as a leisure and sport that can be afforded by the primary and secondary groups.
7. Enable universities to generate income through equestrian activities.
8. Provide grazing area for ruminant livestock consisting of dairy cows, beef cattle, deer and goats.
9. Prepare cut grass (fodder) from the cut-off area and sent to feedlot cattle, dairy, cattle in the yard, deer and goats.
10. Provide practical training place for students of Farm Practice Course (SHW 3003) as well as research area for researchers who are interested in conducting research related to pasture crops.
11. To be a model farm to be visited by students / visitors from outside.
Updated:: 06/10/2020 [mahr]
Universiti Putra Malaysia
43400 UPM Serdang
Selangor Darul Ehsan