Routine livestock management activities such as barn cleaning, feeding, weighing, vaccination / worm medicine (according to Group Health schedule), tattoos and tagging (for newborns or when the tag falls), record management, treatment for sick livestock and so on.
Functions & Roles of Large Ruminant Sections
1. Support UPM's goals in teaching, research and practical training of UPM students.
2. Enable the university to carry out continuous teaching activities related to dairy cows & meats that can be offered to campus residents and the general public.
3. Enable universities to generate income through dairy production activities, livestock sales and edupark visits.
Livestock Division, Universiti Pertanian Universiti, UPM places great emphasis on the need for ‘Good Animal Husbandary Practice’ (GAHP) in terms of livestock management. Through this practice, livestock management will be better and more efficient and can guarantee the best and quality livestock results.
In 2020, the Livestock Division is moving towards MyGAP certification for:
• UPM Farm Fresh Dairy Cattle Management
Among the main activities of this Farm are:
• Support teaching, research and professional services activities (visits and development training) related to ruminant livestock.
• Livestock production.
• Provide training to staff to improve skills and knowledge in animal husbandry.
• Scope of Implementation and Quality Policy
The farm is committed to the Management and Production of Ruminant Livestock (Cattle, Dairy Cattle, Farm Fresh, Goat and Deer) to meet the needs of customers through the implementation of Good Breeding Practices (GAHP) MS 2027: 2006 and MS ISO 9001: 2008.
Updated:: 06/10/2020 [mahr]
Universiti Putra Malaysia
43400 UPM Serdang
Selangor Darul Ehsan